Socratic Seminar

Saturday, January 30, 2010

What I liked about the Socratic Seminar was that it was a new method about how to learn from each other. Everybody shared their idea's, and together as a group we moved the dialogue forward. People did not cut each other in the group discussion. It was organized and well managed. Most people agreed with others idea's and they added to them. For example Jehanne said something about credit cards. And Mr. Carpenter added stuff that some of us didn't know. Because I didn't assist to the speeches, I learned many new things that I didn't know before. I would really like to have another of these discussions. Mostly because of where we were having the discussion. Changing places sometimes really helps concentration. The place where we were really helped people's moods. I think that if we started having group discussions outside, the group would be more interested, and the talking would seriously stop. That is what happened that day. (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment